Old November 9th 06, 10:19 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Tiffany Duncan

Default Undercover In High School

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:58:21 GMT, "Tiffany" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 23:44:27 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

My kids know, bottom line, they have no rights. They live in my home,

on
my
nickel, while the rest of the nickels pay for everything around here.

Yes, if it's in plain view, it was there to be seen. Yes, I have the
right
to go into their rooms at will. Yes, I have the right to their

usernames
and passwords for email (and if they don't work, I will force them to
cancel).

They're kids. I'm the adult. If they break the law, the law will find

me,
as their parent, responsible.

Damn right!

And ya know what? It works, at least here. The worst trouble my

oldest
got
into was to be on the receiving end of a punch to the face (for which

the
puncher was found guilty) - the worst trouble my younger has gotten

into
was
detention for being late to class.

Wow... you've done a GREAT job keeping your kids safe!

They talk to me - sure, probably not about everything everything, but
certainly about the important stuff (opposite sex, drugs, all that

stuff),
when and if I catch them lying, it's about the little stuff (like being
home
by curfew versus 20 minutes late)...

And in return for following the rules of the house, respecting me as

the
keeper of the goodies, and staying in school and out of trouble, they

are
allowed their privacy.

It works for us.

Rules sure do make parenting easier. You wouldn't believe the number of
parents and kids that don't know and don't set rules. "They should
know"... um.... how? Tell them what you expect and check up.

I didn't expect my kids to get into what they did but they were caught
right away when they made bad decisions. They were told. They chose not
to follow the rules. They payed the price. They know I'll test.

The schools here are rife with drugs. The community that I live in is
ineffective at controlling illicit drugs. All the kids know which house
sells. It's a shame. It makes everyone unsafe.

'K

Don't feel bad..... I think most schools are ripe with drugs now a days.

I also will test on a drop of a dime. And she will pay for the test. lol

The threat alone gives them something to say when they're offered.
"Sorry, I can't. Mom drug tests."

lol... but only if mom suspects something. Kids can be so sneaky. Gotta love
em.