Old May 16th 08, 07:57 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
scrumble

Default Can anybody point me to any of these famous misc.kids.etc & alt.mothersnewsgroup "charters" ?

Suzanne wrote:
There are a lot of vague references to said charters and "reporting
people for spam", but not one person yet has yet posted a link. Any of
ya actually got one? tick tick tick.... TIME'S UP

Well as you use giganews.com you may as well read the AUP:

Net Etiquette and Abuse

Each newsgroup can be considered as a separate "community", where those
who regularly use the newsgroup have standards for what is appropriate
and what is not. These standards can vary from one group to the next.
Many groups have written charters and FAQs that reflect a consensus of
those who regularly use the newsgroup. You should always read posts in a
newsgroup to learn what is considered appropriate before posting to that
newsgroup. For a listing of charters and FAQs on various subjects, be
sure to check out www.usenetfaqguides.com.

At Giganews, we would like every member to have the best experience
possible with the newsgroups. We do not, however, wish that to be at the
expense of others. The newsgroups are comprised of people from diverse
backgrounds. When communicating with people on the newsgroups, it is
best to keep in mind that there are many other people that read what you
post. Please consider the views and feelings of everyone who might read
your posts and give them the same consideration and respect as you would
like to receive yourself.

# Commercial Posts
Commercial posts are frowned upon in nearly every newsgroup. Most groups
do not welcome contributions from a business or commercial website.
# Promotional Posts
Promoting a business, a website, or an organization will usually be
considered as spam, in nearly every newsgroup. This can even include
inviting visitors to a 'personal', 'public service', or charitable website.

Crossposting
A few binary newsgroups, such as certain music groups, encourage posting
to more than one group at the same time, as long as the content is
appropriate to each newsgroup. The majority of binary groups and almost
all text groups, however, discourage any form of crossposting. Please
consider that a thread in a text group may begin as appropriate to two
newsgroups, but followups may soon become "off topic" in one of the groups

Abuse Reports

Reports of abuse can be sent to

Oh, and look. A handy e-mail link

Every time you cross post, God kills a kitten

--
scrum

(\_/) Procrastinator bunny says:
( . .) "I'll conquer the internets tomorrow"
C(")(")