Old April 9th 05, 09:30 PM
Robyn Kozierok

In article ,
electroscopillan wrote:
I want to go as small and light as possible - like an umbrella stroller..
..but all of the ones I've tried at department stores cause me to trip, and
I have to stoop down a bit to reach the handles, (designed for the average
woman, I'd think. While I'm 6' even).

As others have mentioned, handle extensions are available. However, I
wanted to point out that an umbrella stroller is not much fun to use even
when it fits. They generally have little to no storage, don't steer
well, and are sometimes even hard to keep pushing straight! We bought
one, not bottom-of-the-line (it had a sun cover and a small basket
underneath) for a trip we took last summer, and while I don't regret
the purchase, we always opted to use our larger, heavier stroller again
once we got back home. As you know, it's not a big investment, and it's
not a bad thing to have around for times when space and/or weight are
truly limited, but, well, don't get your hopes up too much about how great
things will be when you have a smaller, lighter, stroller

Take care,
--Robyn