Old April 10th 05, 12:41 AM
electroscopillan

"Robyn Kozierok" wrote

As others have mentioned, handle extensions are available.

Yes, and thanks to all for directing me.. =) I'm trying to figure out my
best option now.

However, I
wanted to point out that an umbrella stroller is not much fun to use even
when it fits. They generally have little to no storage, don't steer
well, and are sometimes even hard to keep pushing straight!

snip
don't get your hopes up too much about how great
things will be when you have a smaller, lighter, stroller

Oh believe me, I know they are cantakerous little toys.. ..I just want
something to help with the commute to daycare.. ..I have a bus stop right
across the street from my place, and it goes to the daycare. Need something
that requires less energy to go up and down the 1.5 flights of stairs and
through the (really tight, double doors that overlap and are overtensioned)
entrance-way to my loft. The larger stroller is such a royal pain in tha
ass to heft up and down every day (it's actually easier to roll it up and
down the stairs, than the work of folding it up and attempting to carry it,
and my son, in one shot - and that is a lot of wasted energy and back-pain I
could do without, either way I do it.

As it is now, I often just walk with my son to and from the stops. ,
(without stroller - he's really good at holding my hand, and I pick him up
to cross the street). But when I pick him up from daycare, sometimes I
need to be able to walk around faster, cuz I'll miss the bus going back
depending on whether I get into a conversation with the workers or not.
Also would like to take him down to the river which is about 5 blocks from
the daycare or my home, and have a stroller that I can easily pick up to
carry around, if I want to let him run around in the grass and along the
dirt paths closer to the riverbank.

Anyway, I'm just babbling as I think out loud at this point.

Thanks for all of the replies! =)