Old August 21st 06, 02:03 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
PattyMomVA

Default shallow latch, fast milk flow -- help!

"J's Mama" wrote and I snipped:
DS will actually stop nursing
entirely if he gets too fed up with me unlatching, latching,
unlatching, latching, etc! He's 8-1/2 months now and having solids
three times a day after nursing, so he might just prefer to end the
nursing session and fill up on solids if I'm not careful...!

You've made a very good point. I hope you can handle this without throwing
your DS into a nursing strike. I believe he's at the prime age for a
strike, so you don't want to push the nursing discipline too far. It's
great of you to be sensitive to this. IIRC, _Mothering Your Nursing
Toddler_ by Norma Bumgarner addresses this issue. Yes, I know he's not a
toddler yet, but IMO this book is great for nursing pairs from before the
baby's first birthday.

-Patty, mom of 1+2