Old September 17th 04, 12:43 AM
Pacobr549

my son had similar
problems.

You may need to try lots of different meds and different therapists. It took
awile before we found a good fit.

I don't know how old your son is. My son started after his dad died at ll.
He's 16 now and things are much better but he's always going to be a little
different and have to learn to control his temper or suffer the consequences if
he doesn't.

My son also was hospitalized for awhile.

There's no easy fix. People who don't understand will assume you are doing
something wrong and if you just did the right thing,
this would all go away. You may think that. The truth is, you can do
everything you can, and it still won't go away. It's not like an infection
where you take antibiotics and everything is back to normal.

It sounds like you are doing everything you can. There was a time when if he
didn't get better, I would have sent him away (residential treatment) for his
own good, my good and his
sister's good. It didn't come to that but if it comes to that for you, you
to accept its best for everyone and not feel guilty.

And one more thing and this is where you will probably think you are being
judged and abused but I have to say it...

The
reality is that his step-dad who loves him very much took me to the

hospital
where my friend met me and he took the kids home to care for them,

He's not his stepdad. You aren't married. He may love your kid, but he's not
his dad or his stepdad. He's not a replacement for you. I'm not saying there
was anything you could do about it, you can't help being sick and having to
leave him, but you need to understand (and I tried to say this before when you
got ****ed off and filtered me) that just because you love this guy and want to
think he's just as much family to your kid as you are, he's not, not in your
kids eye. Very often parents assume that their kids should feel lovey toward
their love interests because they do. But it doesn't necesarily work that way.
It may just be that part of his anger has something to do with this difference
between him and you as to who this guy is in your life. Before you get
defensive and ****ed off, just think about it.