Old May 28th 04, 05:53 PM
Sophie

Default C-Sec and steps....and driving??

"Christine" wrote in message
My question is this:
I was told by my Dr. NOT to do steps more than once or twice a day and
when I do, take baby steps ( one step at a time ).....well it turns out
that I felt fine...( I was discharged last wed ) so its just been a
week....I have NO pain at all, and taking NO pain meds....I consider
myself very lucky!!!!!!!!
but how many of you did steps anyhow??

I did with my first cos we had a house with steps.

if you feel good can it hurt anything?

Yes I think it can. You can feel great one day, do too much, and pay for it
the next day. Still take it easy.

I know of other ppl who felt good and were out driving...shopping,,,etc.
I'm not going out anywhere but I am guitly about going up and down
steps.....and its 2 levels of steps..;(
I have a bathroom on both floors so I dont really NEED to go up and
down, but it gets so boring in the bedroom all day, and i always need
something on the other floor....

so can just steps hurt me?

another ?

Driving, Dr. said NO driving for 4 weeks AND NO riding either for 4
weeks.....now I had a nurse in the hospital tell me that i CAN ride in
the car,,,but NO driving.....the dr. said its because If we would wreck
OR if he would have to slam on the brakes, that would NOT be good for my
insides....

does anyone ride in the car?

Um, yeah, how else would I get home from the hospital?? Lol. Not riding in
a car sounds dumb and impractical.

although I really have no desire to go in the car, i was just
wondering....

its rough when you feel fine and cant do anything....

I know what happened to Nan, and I'm really tryng to limit my steps
today and tomorrow, and for a few more weeks......

any input?
tia...

Not driving makes sense. Your reflexes will be slower.