Old March 16th 05, 08:22 PM
bizby40

"Jeff" wrote in message
I understand your feelings.

Please remember why you are doing this: To thank the troop leaders who put
in so much time.

A lot of the parents from whom you didn't hear may just have their money
and thier girls in uniforms at the appointed time. And some probably
didn't get your email.

People that don't read their e-mail is another peeve of mine. :-) I
get your point, and I hope so. I *hate* asking for money, which
is why I don't usually get involved in this kind of thing.

I would take the best picture you can, with the girls however they are
dressed.

Well, of course.

Have ALL the girls sign the card. It is not thier if their parents weren't
as helpful in this.

All the girls will be in the picture and sign the matte. I had thought of
having the parents sign the card.

If only a few parents donate, you might say, special thanks to Sarah,
Joan, Millie and Susie who helped pay for this. But you probably
shouldn't. That would be too tactless.

As the organizer and presenter, I'm not worried myself about getting
"credit," I just wasn't sure what would be fair to the other parents
involved.

You also have to think of it from the other parents' perspective: Gee, I
get my kid to the meetings, make sure we bring snacks and whatever. And
now you

Ah, well, the meetings are immediately after school and in the school
building. And one of the leaders brings a home-baked snack every
week. Some of the parents do have to pick their child up, but many
of them go directly to after school care, also in the building.

want MORE money. What do you thing? We don;t have rent, food to buy or
college to save for? Because of this and the cost of equipment for sports
(which they girls all have), and other things, you can't assume that
parents just have money laying around the house.

LOL, well you'll just have to take my word for it that in this school
district there are *very* few people suffering hardship. But like I said,
I wouldn't have expected something from everyone. That's why it was
a vent -- I'm *frustrated* that more people aren't being enthusiastic
and helpful.

Bizby

Jeff