Old September 19th 07, 07:41 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jolande

Default Is this allergic reaction?

Hi Nitu,

My son had roseola, and he never had a fever with it, although it is
common for kids to get a fever before getting the spots. Also, his
spots lasted for about a week. I think roseola is harmless, I've
never heard anything horrible about it anyway.

As far as allergic reactions go, you can't be allergic to anything
unless you come into contact with it for at least the second time, so
as far as that goes, she might be allergic to the oats. However, I
think food intollerances usually show themselves differently than just
spots.

Have you changed washing detergents? Or maybe she's just intollerant
to the one you use.

I would go see the doctor just to be on the safe side, you never know
right.

All the best,

Jolande

On Sep 18, 7:16 pm, nitu wrote:
Hi Everyone,

My 15mth DD has food intolerance but for the first time she has a
reaction and i am wondering if it is an allergic reaction. We gave her
oat cereal with fruit on thursday, friday and she seemed fine. We
again gave her on saturday when she refused it and ate may be all of 4
or 5 mouthfulls around 8PM. When i took her for her diaper change i
noticed red bumps over her body and a few on her face. The next day
her cheeks seemed more redder and the spots on her body were still
there, if anything she had more of these on her body, hands and legs
as well. Her face still has the red bumps on her face and the bumps on
her body are still there but not so red. Could this be a reaction to
the oat cereal? I havent given her any oat cereal since saturday,
could an allergic reaction last this long (today is tuesday, so 3
days) or could it be something else?

Lastly, she started at a daycare last week and apparently there is
roseola going around but from everything i read, you are suppose to
have 2-3 days of very high fever before you break out with the rash
and even then the rash only lasts 1-2 days. My DD never had high
fevers, so i am thinking its not roseola.
Thanks,
Nitu