Old January 12th 07, 06:09 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Default Spanking Leads To Child Aggression And Anxiety, Regardless OfCultural Norm

krp wrote:
"Doan" wrote in message
First, the study is a correlation study. No CAUSATION can be implied.
Thus, the claim that spanking "Leads" to child aggression and anxiety
is bogus! Second, the authors themselves admitted that they included
beatings that are certainly abusive in the USA in study. If you really
want to debate this study, I am willing to give it a shot - no verbal
abuse warranted. ;-) Wanna give me a try? My guess is you will be
the one that do the avoidance and instead will use your little Kane9
to do the verbal abuse and attack for you.

Notice how Doan starts with insult but claims "no verbal abuse warranted?"

That kind of slimy language of attack is common to him. That's why he is
on my do-not-reply list. He's a liar, and unethical. He has shamed
his honorable family by his conduct here.

There is NO scientifically acceptable evidence that spanking causes
aggression in Children. There is considerable evidence that a lack of
spanking can produce sociopathy in children.

Please pardon me, I completely forgot to clarify this term you brought
into the debate:

.... so·ci·o·path /?so?si??pæ?, ?so??i-/ Pronunciation Key - Show
Spelled Pronunciation[soh-see-uh-path, soh-shee-] Pronunciation Key -
Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun Psychiatry.
a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial
and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience....

Do you accept this as a definition of "sociopath," for our purposes of
discussion?

Thanks, Kane