Old January 13th 09, 09:53 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie[_2_]

Default Parent conference vent

Donna Metler wrote:
I just got a note on these from my daughter's school, and
I'm wondering how it's handled elsewhere. I have to say, as
a mom, it almost seems like the school doesn't actually
want us to do conferences at all-the conference times are
between 1:00-3:00, when the pre-K kids leave at 11:30 and
either go to extended daycare or home, and conference times
are only 15 minutes long.

So, parents who work will have to leave work for a 15
minute conference. Parents who don't work will have to
either find child care, or bring a preschooler back to
school in the middle of the afternoon, which, for many
preschoolers, is nap time. In my case, it takes at least 15
minutes each way to GET to the school from home, too.

I'm very, very tempted to be an "uninvolved parent" and just skip the
whole dang thing!

Why not share your concerns with the principal and/or the teacher?