Old November 18th 03, 01:35 AM
Andre Lieven

Default 10 ways to be a better father

"David W." ) writes:
"ChrisScaife" wrote in
:

Finally someone who is talking sense :-)
You can't be a father if you can't be with your kids.
But what to do if your ex simply doesn't comply with contact order ?
Take her to court again and get another order for her to not comply
with ?

In many states, when you have a contact (visitation) order from the court,
you can call the police and ask them to enforce it.

Not all of them, and not one big one, that I was a witness to.

NY state will NOT enforce any visitation by use of the cops. My ex
wife had such an order, her first ex at one time, denied the court
ordered visitation, cops came, by her request, they spoke to the
guy, and then... *left*. They said " Take him to court. "

And, thats for a *woman* requesting their legal aid...

So if you are at your ex's
house at the court-appointed time, and she won't let the kids go, the
police can come out and "make" her let them go. I assume that means that
they give her the choice of letting you take the kids or going to jail.

Nope. The *judge* gives them that choice, once you go *back to family
court*...

In other states, the father is basically screwed if his ex won't comply.
And he'd better never be late with a child support payment!

Indeed. Fathers get responsibilities, but no rights.

Feminists, of course, call that " equality "...

*You* have to decide whether the kids are better off with the
confrontation, police, and time spent with you, or better off without all
the tension and conflict, and without time with you. In many ways, the
kids lose either way.

And, who's responsible for that ? Mommy and the sexist courts.

Its prejudice to blame those who *didn't make that come to pass*,
and to NOT balme those who... DID.

Andre

--
" I'm a man... But, I can change... If I have to... I guess. "
The Man Prayer, Red Green.