Old December 16th 03, 03:50 PM
Bruce and Jeanne

Default Is anyone premature grey?

chiam margalit wrote:

OK, I'm paranoid. But DD, age 11, has been getting stray grey hairs
for several years now. Usually only one or two on her head any any
given time, but they're there, and I can't understand why.

I didn't go grey until my late 40's, her father didn't get salt and
pepper until he was almost 50, my father didn't go grey until he was
in his late 50's and never got white hair at all. So what gives?

Marjorie

My mother once told me (when she found 5 grey hairs on my head when I
was 27) that my premature greying occurred because I didn't eat enough
vegetables. Take it for what it's worth (I thought "Geez, she's still
bugging me to eat vegetables"). At 42, I'm stil at 5 grey strands of
hair.

Jeanne