Old November 9th 04, 09:55 PM
Ann Porter

"Robyn Kozierok" wrote in message
In article ,
Iowacookiemom wrote:

I assume you've tried the "naked and $100 bucks" approach whereby you

take off
all clothing from the waist down for a few days (the $100 is to clean the
carpet after).

We're concerned that this will lead to further withholding. In any case,
this seems like a better method for a younger child who needs help

figuring
out what his various bodily sensations mean.

My little boy was three and few months before we started this. I can see
your reasoning that it could lead to more withholding, which is why I didn't
mention it. But even if they can hold it for a long time, it can't go
forever, and not having a "container" will make him more likely to find a
depositing place.

Claire said something once about making her younger daughter responsible for
her own cleanup. Maybe that would be a start.

Best,
Ann