Old September 9th 06, 04:31 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.education,alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids.health,alt.support.attn-deficit
toto

Default Seeking straight A's, parents push for pills

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 00:41:41 GMT, "nimue"
wrote:

My straight-A kids have rich souls. The D students do, too, for that matter.
So, what are these important things that failing students are so much better
at? I'd love to know.

While I think that straight A students *can* be wonderful people, I
think what Herman means is students who are focused on the grades
alone and there are plenty of those around.

Haven't you had lots of kids who ask *is that going to be on the
test?* as opposed to *is that important enough to learn?*

And, I know kids who are D and F students who are quite simply not
willing to put in the time to *please* the teacher or the system.
They can be quite intelligent and they can be quite focused on
learning when the subject is not required of them by the adults in
their lives.

These are individual things though and not something I would
generalize to *all* or even *most* straight A or D and F students.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits