Old October 29th 03, 08:25 PM
toto

Default Ability grouping

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:52:43 -0500, "Sophie"
wrote:

My daughter is only in kindergarten and she goes to a DoD school. I'm not
sure about this but I know they have something where 1st and 2nd grade is
combined. It works out well cos if the younger kids have questions they can
ask the older kids, rather than wait on a busy teacher to help them. I'm
drawing a complete blank on what it's called.

My children's classes were team taught - the classes were 1st-2nd
combinations, 3rd-4th combinations and 4th -5th combinations, but
that did not mean that they had two teachers in a single classroom
though.

They had homeroom with one teacher and they switched teachers for
different subjects so one teacher taught language arts/social studies
and the other taught math/science and then they also had special
teachers for music, art and gym.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits