Old March 20th 08, 11:40 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Default UK M+M+R clinics

Welches schrieb:

I'm not debating it: but do make sure you get all done, and start with the
measles. Too many people round here decide that they're going to have it
done, get the first done and then don't bother/forget/decide it's too far to
travel. Then wonder how their child got measles... it's obviously a trick of
the government!

Also: Make sure you get her levels checked once she hits puberty. My
american neighbour was vaccinated as a child but her rubella shot had
apparently either not "worked" or her antibody level had decreased
dramatically and she was not immune anymore.

(- in germany we have the "Mutterpass" which is a small booklet where
all blood test results, weight, bp, urine sample results, ultrasound
findings,... are recorded. We are advised to carry the Mutterpass with
us at all times while pregnant. That way, if something happens the info
is all right there.
That's how I know about her rubella vaccination not being effective
anymore.)

cu
nicole