Old August 25th 06, 03:48 AM posted to misc.kids,alt.mothers
Knit Chic

Default How Dangerous is Childhood

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
ps.com...

Knit Chic wrote:
"toto" wrote in message
http://health.theledger.com/article/...11/FAMILY/1478

IMO the author of this article has very poor logic skills. The
information
that is used to back up her issue has nothing to do with the issue that
has
been presented.
Comparing apples to oranges ...

Oh? Give examples please? Hard to have a good conversation without
knowing your reasons.

Cathy Weeks

I haven't chosen a "side" IMO the article has no real value as it is
illogical.
If your asking me if I think some parents are over the top w/ how they act
w/ their children and dangers, I would have to say yes. Do I think that
some parents are not attentive enough w/ their children and dangers, again,
I would have to say yes.
If you asked do I think that I handle the issue w/ my family in a healthy
and positive way, again I would have to say yes ... and I may say about
you even though that you may chose to handle it a completely different way
.... it doesn't mean that I think your dealing with it incorrectly or "wrong"
(I have no idea how you deal w/ it, it's a hypothetical you)
I also don't think that making a child aware of dangers and making a child
fearful (as an adult or a child) go hand in hand.
I believe that making a child aware of dangers is the easy part ... giving
them the tools they need to deal with those dangers ... that's not so easy.
And it's often overlooked.