Old August 25th 06, 01:06 PM posted to misc.kids,alt.mothers
enigma

Default How Dangerous is Childhood

wrote in
ups.com:

Um, I didn't say that. What got Dr. Laura so mad (I think)
is the idea that a 4-year-old is old enough to start being
in some sort of day-care - i.e., old enough to start making
some sacrifices for the greater good of the family and to
start revolving around the parents' wishes instead of the
other way around. (This is why, in all likelihood, Dr.
Rosemond doesn't approve of DL's mantra "I am my kids'
mom," since HIS mantra - for both parents - is: "Put your
marriage first.")

heh. we're not married. i'm *sure* he has something wonderful
to say about that...
*my* mantra is "we are a family. we cooperate to get things
done so we can play"
'i'm the mom' is for those occaisions the kid doesn't want to
do something that needs doing before we do something else &
asks why *he* has to do it

People sometimes spread lies about Rosemond, BTW. For
example, they've said he claims that parents should not
play with their kids after age three because it spoils
them. He didn't. What he DID say was that by age three,
kids should be able to amuse themselves without complaint
whenever a loving parent simply must work on something
else. Again, the issue is making kids understand at an
early age that from that age on, they and their whims are
not the center of the universe anymore.

Rosemond is an idiot. no need to spread lies about him. just
ignore him.

Also, check out this list of School Year Resolutions for
parents:

Excerpt: Resolution #4 - "I will not take my child's side
in a dispute with the teacher, even if I think the
teacher's being slightly unfair. If I think she's being
very unfair, I'll ask someone else's opinion before talking
with her."

what if the teacher is a total loon? what if she singles out
*your* child as the class scapegoat? what if she stands by
your child's desk, & taps on it while telling the entire class
that people from X state (that your child was born in & moved
from recently) are so very stupid? do you take your child's
side or tell him that he must obey & respect that teacher?
lee
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be