Old December 20th 05, 01:25 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Poll: Birth Control

In . com,
Amy wrote:

*
*CY wrote:
* Me too - so far I love it, though the insertion of it was VERY painful for
* me and i cramped for a day or two afterwards. Still I like not having to
* think about bc.
*
*Excellent lead-in to my next question...
*
*Those of you with IUDs, how bad did the insertion hurt? Like, on a
*scale of one to ten, ten being labor?

Um - well, what part of labor?? My first Mirena insertion hurt BIGtime. I
had labor-like cramps for a full 36 hours. Like, approaching transition
labor. Seriously. But when they had to replace it, the second one went in
easy - one cramp, and that was it.

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth