Old July 22nd 03, 04:50 AM
Laurie

Default More OAL questions

Alphawave wrote in message ...
I guess what I'm looking for answers to a could the poops be the

result of teething more than OAL at this point? If he's having enough wet
diapers and poops, how much should I be concerned about the green poop?
If there is still a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance, is he nonetheless still
getting the nutrition he needs? How long are a ~4 mo. old's feedings,
typically?

-- Alpha
alphawave at earthlink dot net

I think it could still be the OAL, Alpha. When mine was really bad,
Christopher fed exactly as you describe; only for a few minutes, but all the
time. I know it's a pain in the ass, but you may want to try to pump until
letdown and then another 1.5 ounces or so instead of spraying into a cloth,
and see if it helps any better.

My doc did tell me she didn't get concerned with green poops, and
Christopher was always gaining weight, so it wasn't a worry. As long as you
think he looks like he's gaining, he's probably ok. But I won't tell you not
to worry about it, because that would be silly.

As for how long the feedings are-Christopher will be 14 weeks on Wednesday.
He typically has several shorter feeds a day (often around 5 minutes or so)
and then a couple of longer ones (10 minutes or so). His new thing is to
have a 20-30 minutes session at bedtime. That's a really long time for him!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 27 months
and Christopher, 13 weeks

*This email address is now valid*