Old April 21st 04, 02:31 AM
Jonathan Wolgamuth

Default Scheduled nap time for infants

In message om on 20
Apr 2004, The Huwe Family said to all at alt.parenting.twins-triplets

My triplets turn 7 mo. old this Friday. Is it possible to have them
on a nap schedule? (e.g. It's 10 o'clock, time for nap) Currently, I
let them get up in the morning whenever the wake up, unless it's after
9, then I wake them up. I then put them down throughout the day
whenever they display tiredness. Of course, they are rarely all down
at the same time, but the do usually go to bed at night pretty close
together. But even when they take naps, their duration is different.
Ben can sleep for hours, while I consider myself lucky if Elena sleeps
longer than 1/2 hour.

If it's possible, do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish
this? Or is it not worth it until they are older?

It is possible. I'm not sure how we got it to happen, but we did things so
regularly that they fell into our evil trap. We have the same morning
routine, the same evening routine, and they seem to get sleepy at about the
same times in the morning and afternoons for their naps. This was from
about 6 months (maybe before) and they are just now getting to the point
where the afternoon nap is optional. (Believe me, I'd just as soon that
they take it!) Henry and Ella will be 1 on May 25.

Oh, and Ella sleeps longer at night, and generally naps longer too.

--

I'm Jonathan Wolgamuth and I approved this message.

"Come join me in my daily struggle for adequacity."