Old February 10th 09, 05:10 PM posted to misc.kids
betsy

Default How many uniforms for a kindergartener?

Donna Metler wrote:

There is a uniform exchange as kids get bigger, but DD is in size 3s at 4,
and will be entering K at 4 1/2, so it's unlikely there will be much
available for her (I'm guessing that I'll be doing a lot of taking tucks in
waistbands and hemming in the fall). They had to special order her uniform
for rec league cheerleading/dance because they didn't carry sizes below a
youth small. Apparently, most 4 yr olds now run big.

I don't suppose there's any prayer that any of the UK uniform suppliers
would carry the exact plaid DD's school needs (let alone the logo). It looks
like UK uniform stores cost a LOT less than US ones, even counting the
exchange rate.

Does your uniform supplier carry a larger size range online than at your
local uniform store? I just googled the brand name, Dennis, that I
remembered from the tags on my old school uniforms. When I went to the
web site and searched with my school name, I was able to order the
uniform for little girls size down to 3 even though the school starts at
5th grade.

If your supplier doesn't carry small enough sizes, you may be able to
find a different US supplier that carries the same style in smaller sizes.

--Betsy