Old July 8th 03, 03:46 AM
Dawn Lawson

Default Expressing colostrum before birth?

Karen wrote:

Dawn wrote:

But again, what about all the tandem nursers who nurse thru a pregnancy and
dont deliver early?

True, true.....but tandem nursing is still not mechanical manipulation and or
overstimulation, it is stimulation that the body has grown used to.

I dunno. I'm no expert either.
I personally find that nursing is far more stimulating than the pump, and if a baby
nursing isn't mechanical manipulation, I don't know what it is. (Unless you're
meaning artificial)

Then again
I am just a Mom not an expert.

Ditto.
But for the amount Brigitte is thinking of, vs feeling stressed the whole time
worrying, I think I personally would chance it.

Dawn

PS...Brigitte. I would be willing to FedEx you some cold packed (maybe not frozen,
I seem to have lipase issues...) milk, tho obviously not colostrum, if you get that
far and have none in the freezer. You might not even have the need to use it, cuz
you're not gonna have problems, right?? :-)