Old November 19th 03, 05:11 PM
Marie

Default pestilence and public places

Ever since the kidlets came home from the hospital, they and I have found
that we *really* cope better with each other if we get out of the house and
wander public places like shopping malls. I don't think a weekday goes by
that we aren't somewhere window shopping and, since the kidlets are twins,
we do attract a lot of attention: most people I find are really good about
not touching them or sticking their faces too close to the babes'.

My mom was visiting yesterday, and expressed grave concerns about this habit
now that cold and flu season is upon us. She thinks I'm exposing the boys
to too many germs.

The boys are up to date with their standard vaccinations. In addition, they
are receiving Menugate and Prevnar. And because they were preemies, they
are also receiving the RSV vaccine.

How much of a danger are the kids in by going out?

Should we get them flu shots (our doctor is willing but not pushing one way
or the other)?

TIA

Marie
Chris and Alex--born 04/23/03 at 31wks gestational :-)
Meet the Kidlets at http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/mmcw2