Old April 27th 05, 06:19 PM
Rosalie B.

illecebra wrote:

Robyn Kozierok wrote:
In article ,
illecebra wrote:

Unless the teachers write all their own materials, putting
worksheets and such up on a web site is probably begging for textbook
companies to sue the school. Sad but true.

That's a good point. I was assuming they were generated by the
teachers, but that's probably not a fair assumption, at least not
all of the time. If the worksheets are coming from a text/wookbook,
though, perhaps Dawn can purchase a copy to have at home for her son.

My mom would often buy duplicate copies of textbooks for us to have at
home so we wouldn't have to carry them to and from school (or forget
to bring them home). One of my grandsons has no lockers though, so he
has to haul all his books plus one or two musical instruments from
class to class and home on the bus.

When I was teaching, we didn't have textbooks available for most of
the curriculum that we taught (we did a combined science class - a
unit of botany, a unit of earth science, a unit of physical science
and so on instead of a year of earth science, a year of biology etc
and there were no textbooks that had all of what we did in them, plus
I had to have different reading levels for 4 different classes) so I
basically didn't give books out at all.

And I did usually write and run off my own worksheets, but that was
mostly to assign long term projects and for study aids for A/V
materials. But I don't think most teachers do this.

grandma Rosalie