Old June 9th 04, 10:57 PM
R. Steve Walz

Default How Children REALLY React To Control

Doan wrote:

On 9 Jun 2004, Chris wrote:

In alt.parenting.spanking Nathan A. Barclay wrote:

: But by and large, the system works. And throwing it out before we're
: positive that we have something that will work better in the real world,
: with real parents and real children, would be foolish.

Once again, Nathan, you appear to be talking about win/win cooperative
nonpunitive discipline as if it were some sort of new untested concept
rather than a set of approaches to dealing with conflict in the
parent/child relationship developed decades ago and used successfully in
thousands of families.

Ah! I just love the logic. :-) Isn't this the same argument that you
don't like about spanking? Afterall, spanking has been used for thousands
of years and BILLIONS of families.

Doan

LIAR!
No it hasn't, except as an aberration, and evil act everyone
hated you for.

Most tribal peoples leave their kids the hell alone unless
they are in good humor, and they NEVER hit them for ANY reason!!
Steve