Old September 27th 03, 01:32 AM
Jill

Default weight loss during pregnancy

"Elaine" wrote in message
At what point in a pregnancy do you start to worry about weight
loss?

In first trimester I wouldn't worry. I sound similar to you...I have lost
about 8 pounds from my prepregnancy weight. I DO worry about the fact that I
don't vomit a lot but I am ALWAYS sickly queasy and can barely eat food, it
makes my stomach rollover. I really really pick and whatever I can manage to
eat...and it's not been the healthiest of foods. I worry about that but am
taking my vitamin........I worry a little, but I think for me I won't worry
until 1- I lose a lot more than 8 pounds and 2-I don't start gaining in the
second trimester, or I continue to be unable to eat.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I asked around in a panic but everyone
says it's normal to lose at first ...I should be better off, according to
those know claim to know, because I am NOT vomiting and therefore keeping
down what little I do manage to eat which is better than throwing everything
up and getting dehydrated. Just be sure to drink plenty of water, take your
vitamins, I think you will do great. But mention it to your doctor who I am
sure is checking your weight at each visit, and she will tell you if there
is a concern.
Good luck and best wishes!
Jill