Old January 8th 04, 04:36 PM
Donna

Default can someone give me some advice?

"Krystle N" wrote in message
hi...my name is krystle i'm 15..and i think i might be pregnant.

Oh dear.

I don't
want to be, but i have to be resposible for my actions

This is a wonderful attitude, Krystle. Taking responsibility for what you
do is very adult.

..my period is
late and i don't know what i should do..i can't go to the doctor cuz i
have no way of getting up there

Ok, first things first. How late are you? if you are more than a couple of
days late, go to the drug store/chemist (I don't know what country you live
in) and get a pregnancy test. That's the first thing to do. Etiher way,
though, pregnant or not, if your periods have stopped, you are going to have
to see a doctor about it.

...and i don't want to tell my mom cuz
she'll prolly call the cops on the dude that probably got me pregnant.

Not to be unsympathetic, here, but in the states, in a lot of areas, sex
with a fifteen year old *is* a crime.

she knows we've done it already cuz she went through my backpack without
my consaultence and looked at my journal, and read everything.. it makes
me mad because she doesn't respect the fact that i'm a teenager and i
need privacy too..

As my mom told me growing up, "If you want privacy, get a job and get your
own apartment. While you're under our roof, you don't get privacy" I
didn't like that much, either, but, like you, I kind of understood where she
was coming from. You sound very adult.

but she's my mom and understand why she did that, but
if she finds out that me and this dude did it again lol...then she's
goin to get very upset...and i don't want that to happen.

Well, here's a reality check for you. If you're indeed pregnant, you're in
a bind, and you are going to have to make some very adult, very serious
decisions about where your life is going to go. Yes, your decisions are
going to upset people, but that is what it is. Evidently you decided to
have sex. And you decided to have sex without using adequate protection.
Now you have to decide whether to have a baby and raise it, have a baby and
give it up for adoption, or abort the pregnancy. These are really serious
outcomes that arose from your original decisions about sex and protection.
Worrying about your mom being mad at you is understandable, but not really
the most important thing you're handling right now, you know? (BTW I'm
assuming that you are not in any physical danger from your mom, just that
she will be furious and disappointed in you. If I'm making a mistaken
assumption and you feel that you ARE in some kind of physical danger, then
obviously disregard what I'm about to advise.) Your mother loves you. If
you are pregnant, you need to tell her, and ask for help. If you aren't
pregnant, you still need to tell her that your periods have stopped. Yes,
she may be disappointed in you. Yes, she may be angry. Yes, she may have
your boyfriend arrested, if indeed he committed the crime of statutory rape.
But she's your mother, and ultimately, she is going to help you. She loves
you.

If you can't do that, there must be a public health office that can help
you, confidentially. Where are you located (country)?

.if i am
pregnant ...i don't know what i'm going to do..i feel so out of place
right now..i feel like dropping in a whole and living there for the rest
of my life...but can someone just help me through this ..i really need
someone to talk to about this..

It's ok to feel what you are feeling. Fear, anger, fright.... but you need
to take action, too. You made some adult decisions awhile ago. Now you
have to be adult enough deal with the consequences, and figure out what
*you* want to do, and how best to manage this. One of your options,
termination, has a time limit. So you need to make sure that you have
taken some steps to decide what you want to do before your options start
disappearing. The first step is to find out if, indeed, you are pregnant.

Hang in there. And keep in mind that this doesn't make you a bad person.
An unlucky one, maybe. A careless one, definitely. But not a bad person.
This is scary, but this isn't the end of the world. You can get through
this.

Donna