Old March 14th 05, 06:24 PM
Catherine Woodgold

"nimue" ) writes:
Catherine Woodgold wrote:
OK, sure, it wasn't her responsibility. Nevertheless,
Cathy's point is well-made. If the mother had been
doing something terribly dangerous, nimue, (who cares
about the child), would have intervened. Since she
didn't, we can conclude that nimue didn't feel at
the time that it was terribly dangerous. Uncomfortably
dangerous, yes, but not terribly dangerous.

Well, that explains why I told her to roll down the windows, but didn't say
anything at the time about leaving the baby in the car.

Right. You thought leaving the windows up was
terribly dangerous and you just had to say something.
You thought leaving the child alone was uncomfortably
dangerous, not terribly dangerous, so you didn't feel
absolutely compelled by fear to say something.
In future, your conscience may compell you to say
something in uncomfortably dangerous situations, too.
--
Cathy
A *much* better world is possible.