Old March 27th 06, 06:05 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default good morning

"Anonymama" wrote in message
I have the impression that babies like to be born in the godforsaken
early hours -- my first was born at four o'clock in the morning (after
I'd been in labor for one night, one day, and another night). Is that
really how things are, or am I mistaken? And if so, why is it that
serious labor so often happens overnight?

Given a choice I'd rather get a good night's sleep, labor during the
day, and have the kid in the evening...

#1 I went into labour at 1am, then she was born at 7am the next day.
#2 I went into labour at 6:30am and she was born at 7pm. Much easier.
Seriously though, I suspect that one reason is that if we're moving around
we don't notice early labour so much, so don't realise we're in labour.
Debbie