Old March 27th 06, 11:38 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default good morning

Anonymama wrote:
I have the impression that babies like to be born in the godforsaken
early hours -- my first was born at four o'clock in the morning (after
I'd been in labor for one night, one day, and another night). Is that
really how things are, or am I mistaken? And if so, why is it that
serious labor so often happens overnight?

Oxytocin levels are higher then, so if you allow things
to run their natural course, labor will often start then. But,
as usual, no guarantees. For me:

#1 - Woke up at 7am having contractions, went rapidly to very
active labor, but didn't actually give birth until 4am
almost 2 days later.

#2 - Membranes ruptured at midnight, baby arrived at 2:40am.

#3 - Labor started shortly after I woke up, baby arrived just
before 2pm. It seemed very odd to deliver in daylight ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka