Old March 27th 06, 11:52 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default good morning

Anonymama wrote:
I have the impression that babies like to be born in the godforsaken
early hours -- my first was born at four o'clock in the morning (after
I'd been in labor for one night, one day, and another night). Is that
really how things are, or am I mistaken? And if so, why is it that
serious labor so often happens overnight?

Not me. I've heard that it's to do with oxytocin levels or something
but my babies don't do that. My first was SROM at 11am and born at
4pm, the second was AROM at 9am and born at 2.30pm, my third was SROM
at 4 am and then spontaneous labour starting at 4am the next morning
with the birth at around 8am, my fourth was spontaneous labour starting
at 4.45am (although I wasn't sure until 7.30am that it was true labour)
and was born at 9.30am.

And FWIW, both the daytime labours were boys, both the early morning
labours were girls.

Given a choice I'd rather get a good night's sleep, labor during the
day, and have the kid in the evening...

I quite liked the good night's sleep, missing breakfast and having the
baby before morning tea time

Cheryl