Old January 24th 04, 07:25 PM
Leslie

Default OT - Doll House experiences and questions (xpost)

Cathy,

I'm sorry your dollhouse was destroyed--how sad!

I always wanted a fancy dollhouse and I defintely would have played with one if
I had one.

My daughter has had a variety of dollhouse of the Barbie variety since she was
about three and she has played with them all to pieces. This Christmas she
asked for an almost five foot high house for her Barbies and she has played
with it daily (and she is almost 13!).

OTOH, my sister did have the kind of house you had, fully furnished and all,
that my grandmother made for her, and AFAIK, she didn't play with it much.
It's really going to depend on your daughter's personality.

But if you want to know what I really think you should do, I think you should
get a dollhouse to replace the one you lost. If nothing else, it will be a
beautiful heirloom for your daughter. And it was your house that was
destroyed, so you should replace it in a way that makes you happy.

Leslie, who now lives in a house like the dollhouse she once wished for