Old January 24th 04, 08:46 PM
Bruce and Jeanne

Default OT - Doll House experiences and questions (xpost)

Cathy Weeks wrote:

Hi all,

[snip]

What do I think? I really, really wanted a dollhouse when I was a
kid, and never had one (owning a kit doesn't count!). I played with
the ones my friends had. I remember them playing with them to some
extent, but at least as they got older, they really did gather dust.
I also looked forward to passing my dollhouse to my daughter. So what
I want to do is order the one I like - fully put together, and figure
out a way to store the darn thing. But, if my husband is right, and
they mostly don't get played with, I really have to take that into
consideration.

So, first, what do you think I should do? And, for those of you who
had dollhouses, did you like them? Did you play with them?

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01

Get the dollhouse you had/wanted. Because that's the house you lost in
the fire. Then when time comes, if you want, you can pass it down to
your daughter.

FWIW, we got a Lundby dollhouse in a yardsale for DD when she was about
4 years old. She never really played with it, but *I* think it would
still be fun to buy all the (expensive) furniture and decorate it as I
have time and money. I never had a dollhouse growing up which may
explain why I want to play with them now.

Jeanne