Old December 13th 07, 07:17 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

Default Am I hurting my child by putting her in daycare at 22 months?

In article ,
"Donna Metler" wrote:

And, at best, another adult coming in is usually a break in schedule while
all the kids run over to hug, tell the parent what they did that day, show
off their art, etc, so it can be disruptive.

Must be another cultural difference. I would not expect to be hugged by
children other than my own or *very* good friends' children. At our day care,
the kids don't drag their artwork out to show people, because it's either on
the drying rack or up on the wall. Generally, the kids are absorbed in their
activities, even when they do say hello or call DS2 to say that his Mummy is
here. The main problem is prising DS2 out of the sand-pit of an afternoon!
Today, he ran over, gave me a hug, collected his bedding and gave it to me,
then ran back to the sand-pit... and DS1 joined him!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/