Old August 23rd 06, 12:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Yiddishkeit

Default Winter babies

Anna.Nicole.m wrote:
I wanted to know if anyone has had a baby around October. I'm due
October 23 and i wanted to know about taking the baby out in winter.

I had #1 on Oct 17th 2000.

My husband and I typically go out for walks with our dogs frequently in

the winter. Our average temp is between 30-40. Has anyone had
experience with taking their babies out in this weather to know when it

is ok to have them out, and for how long?

I live iN canada where it is pretty cold though where I live is not in
the snowbelt so its not terribly cold, but cold enough IMHO. we don't
have a car and walk everywhere. My pediatrcian told me as long as they
are dressed appropriately for the weather its ok to take them out,
unless there is a weather advisory such as a wind chillwarning, as kids
can get frostbite rather quicklly so you need to be careful, and then
in that case, if you MUST go out, its ok to just dart in and out of a
car to run in some place very quickly. As long as there is no
windchill warning, and they are wearing hat, snow suit, etc. I think
its fine.

We have a pram stoller with a boot and we will get one of those winter
sack things, but is that enough?

I think so, as long as they are wearing hat/snow suit.