Old August 15th 07, 02:47 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

Default Pepsi admits Aquafina comes from tap water

Coleah wrote:
On Aug 13, 9:44 pm, Mark Probert wrote:
Coleah wrote:
Plastic bottles aren't a particular scare for me.

Plastic bottles are a real environmental issue. They
add a lot of chemical to the waste stream. They also
are found way out to sea. Two weeks ago I was 60 miles off the south
shore of LI and there was an area of garbage floating by...with seven or
eight bottled water bottles in the mix.

I agree. Some people are just pigs!

With the trash I see out to sea, it is not just some. I have seen some
unbelievable conglomerations of trash just go floating by. A few years
ago we went to the Macys fireworks display in NYC and I watched the CG
intercepting floating trash since they thought it was dangerous.

I sure understand the disposal issue, but don't have a real fear of
drinking something packaged in a plastic bottle.

Nor do I. I re-use the bottles for several days, and then toss them in
the trash.

I drink a lot of Diet 7-Up in 1 liter bottles and save them for
recycling projects. New uses are being created all the time. Some
states charge a $.05 deposit on plastic bottles which has really
assisted in getting them out of trash an into the recycling
industry.

We`do not drink much soda. The preference is tea, usually green.