Old March 9th 08, 05:34 PM posted to misc.kids
Tony

Default teenager breaking curfew

On Mar 9, 12:19 pm, enigma wrote:
Tony wrote
oups.com:

Ok, I get it. No curfew for an 18 yrs old. Thank you.

you do, however, have the right to know where she is going &
with whom as long as she's under your roof.

What about honoring rules in both homes? I have my own set
of rules as does my ex. I don't think I should punish her
for something she did at her mom's/ Let her deal with it.

you are correct. she should be following the house rules, as
long as they are sensible ones. it is not helpful to
micromanage a young adult.
and no, you should *not* be punishing her for breaking a rule
that isn't yours. if her mother is micromanaging, then
daughter will likely soon get fed up & move out, thereby
limiting mom's influence. you don't need (or want) to get
involved enough to also alienate your daughter... especially
not over *this* issue!
there might be things (drugs/alcohol) where you would want to
team up with mom. choose your battles though.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there