Old March 14th 08, 05:21 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default How to stop the night wakings?

On Mar 13, 6:34*pm, Rosalie B. wrote:
cjra wrote:
On Mar 13, 4:13 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:

So this is where you have to get creative, is there anyway at all you
can create a space for her - even if it means moving something every
night all a room has to be is a space where you can put a crib that is
not within reach of anything that can do her harm, which mean placing
something in the middle of an otherwise empty and undecorated room is an
option - it's what my parents do at their house, they have a room with
shelving all around the walls and precious things on them, it's a small
room, but a crib in the middle is far enough from everything. I had
friends who's baby slept in the kitchen, they moved the crib from the
hall to the kitchen every single night and every nap, it was a pain but
their kid had a normal or even better than normal sleep routine at every
age.

Our problem is lack of doors - all the doors have been removed and
sent of for stripping (lead paint removal), . So without doors,

Why does the area have to be quiet? *One of the other things that my
mom told me was not to tiptoe around when the baby was asleep because
then she would wake at every noise. *Whereas when you are running the
vacuum or dishwasher or whatever, or if she had siblings playing
around, she'd get used to some noise. *Is it that quiet at the daycare
when she takes her nap? *

Let me add also that I'm not concerned about total silence. But if she
can see/hear mommy and daddy a few feet away from her, that's not a
signal to sleep, that's a signal to play.

She doesn't have siblings yet, but I wouldn't expect the siblings to
be playing within a few feet of where a baby was trying to sleep. I
don't think that's realistic. I couldn't sleep with such commotion
going on, why should a child be able to? We're not that loud in the
evening, but we're present. DH and I talk, we read with the light on,
we interact. That interferes with her 'calm' time to sleep.