Old September 6th 08, 02:22 PM posted to misc.kids
Michelle J. Haines

Default school supplies!

Rosalie B. wrote:

I don't think the school expects the parents to buy extra. I think it
is more of a hope that someone will come through.

I think you should meet the teachers at this school, then.

I've never gotten anything like that, nor have I ever sent anything
out like that.

We have gotten a letter like that from every one of these teachers,
except the fifth grade teacher last year. "Here are the parties you are
expected to help with, you may choose your preference and I will assign
you one. It is your responsibility to contact the other parents
assigned to your party and make arrangements."

Uh.....

Why do you think quantifying the basis for outrage is important. If
the parent us upset, the reason for the anger and whether it is
justified doesn't have much if anything to do with their actual
behavior.

Um, I'm sorry, I think it does. Complaining about a ruler seems rather
silly (although circumstances back then were different, I dunno, but
still, every child must use the metric system now)...however,
complaining to the principal because the music teacher said to my son in
class "Your parents say you're supposed to be smart? I just don't see
it." Yes, I have justification to be a bit irritated.

Michelle
Flutist