Old June 23rd 03, 04:39 PM
0tterbot

Default Gotta keep it from The Children

"Tom Enright" wrote in message
m...

Considering Communists have long employed the "knock in the middle of

the
night" I've always felt this quote a bit out of date.

what?

Because communist governments have killed around 100,000,000 people and
have no problem denying simple rights to the people it is somewhat
hyprocritcal for them to be viewed as an oppressed group. Most especially
when you consider the time in which the quote was made.

what, the 60s when he said it? :-D

i don't think communists are an oppressed group overall, although they are
in some quarters (much like people of any political persuasion). on a
day-to-day basis, i don't think about communists at all, actually. and while
i think i'm correct in surmising that you are an anti-communist, you are not
correct in surmising that i am a communist or am pro-communist. where that
came from is anybody's guess - goodness knows i'm not going to go there.

are you mccarthy's grandson-in-a-jar or something?

What? Are you suggesting that communists have not come for
for "Trade Unionists" and others?

nooooooooo - i think i'm asking wtf are you fussing about my sig for.

just to spell it out for you - it means (& just to reiterate, it has nothing
to do with communism):

speak out for others, even if you have nothing in common with them,
otherwise the powers-that-be will take your silence for consent. if nobody
speaks out, eventually there won't *be* anyone to speak out - they will all
have been silenced one way or another.
quite simple, really.
kylie