Old March 15th 08, 01:12 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default How to stop the night wakings?

I'm just thinking that odds are you're not very likely
to accomplish the goal of having her and you sleep through
soundly without different rooms.

Unfortunately, based on what I'm hearing, I'd tend to agree, not
necessarily because of the disturbance of lack of it when slipping
(though it is a factor) because if it's going to be a tough process,
then a tough process can become more bearable when there are 2 doors
between you and it. When I was finally convinced that DS's night feeds
were not needed nutritionally we did the method known an controlled
crying, we only were able to stick with it by the fact that the crying
was more tolerable when you weren't in the same room as it, we also used
a timer and instead of pretending we were trying to sleep, we just
switched the light on, sat up in bed and chatted, read etc, whilst
watching that timer. I know this method wouldn't work for every child,
but I think the key to it working for us was that we stuck to absolutely
rigidly.

Cheers
Anne