Old March 15th 08, 01:43 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Sue

Default How to stop the night wakings?

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
I agree that it's worth trying, but we never had any
luck being in the room. That just seemed to encourage the
screaming. Even now, if one of mine loses their temper, it
is far, far better to walk away and give them some breathing
room. They won't get themselves under control if you hang
around.
Different kids are very different on this front, so
it's always worth trying the easy road first, but I don't
think it's always the case that having a parent right there
is the gentlest thing for the child.

I agree, I think it is more confusing to the child because you are right
there. Not picking them up or doing whatever it is they want would just make
mine even more madder and they would cry longer. I think it is far better to
have them in their own rooms and going to them if the screaming escalates.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)