Old November 5th 05, 10:32 PM
SpiderHam77

Default Discrimination against CP Dads in Canada by the CRA

Iam one of those fathers in Canada that has been audited. Divorced..
having my son live with me full time. I remember the one question they
asked was why I was not claiming child support as an income.

I looked at them with my Accountant, and told them I don't claim it,
because I'm not getting it. And then they asked where my Ex-Wifes file
was and why she had not filed. I told them they would have to speak to
her, and that she currently lives in Ireland, so you may have a little
trouble forcing her to file one.

But as far as the random audits... My questions is for how many times
are you talking about? Like 20 years worth, or 3 years... Because I
was audited 2 years in a row. However I don't see the problem with
being audited.. all my ducks are in a row.. and my papers are all in
order.. so bugger them.

SpiderHam77