Old June 18th 07, 01:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

Default More efficient way to change diapers?

Sue wrote:
"Nikki" wrote in message
When you removed the old diaper use the clean part up front for the
initial swipe of his butt. My dh will not do that and he uses way more
wipes. I use cloth wipes and they really are more efficient IMO. They
might be a hassle though if you aren't using cloth diapers.

I disagree. I used disposables for all three and they seemed to contain the
blow-outs pretty well. If there are problems, then most likely it is the
size of the diaper that's off.

I think she was saying that cloth *wipes* are more
efficient than disposable wipes, not that cloth diapers are
more efficient than disposable diapers (though she might
take the latter position as well ;-) ). I think she's right
on that front. You can usually wipe up more of a mess with
cloth wipes than disposable wipes (they're often bigger, for
one thing, and often terrycloth, which also helps). But,
as she points out, it might not be convenient to take on
cloth wipes if you aren't already cloth diapering and therefore
aren't set up to launder diapers/wipes already.

Best wishes,
Ericka