Old April 12th 09, 07:57 PM posted to misc.kids
dejablues[_4_]

Default so, did everyone defect from usenet?

"enigma" wrote in message
"dejablues" wrote in
:

I look in every couple of days to see if there's anything
besides spam and random suspicious intros.
How's your son and your critters, lee?

he's still a bit too perfectionist, but he's getting better. he's
doing really well in the new school he started this year. it confirms
my suspicions that he was the class scapegoat at the old school.
he has a few things he doesn't like to do in the classroom, like
spelling, so he can take that & go to the office to work alone. he's
reading on a 9th grade level now... i've dug out a lot of my older
sci-fi & fantasy books for him.
the critters are good. we're debating getting more chickens, as we
have an aging population & eggs are a bit sparse (& the stupid rat
that eats eggs isn't helping)
lee

Your barn cats are laying down on the job! Hehe.
We don't have livestock of our own, but there is a farm behind us and a few
of their barn rats migrated over here last year to eat our bird feed. One
"aww cute, look, a rat!" turned into a family of 15. We trapped most of them
and our intrepid housecats got the final few, because after we took away
their food supply they came into the house!

I'm sorry to hear of Boo's school troubles, but glad he's doing better. Is
his new school a public or private one? A teacher that actually *likes* your
kid is a huge plus.

My kids are huge readers as well, not so much the stuff I liked as a child,
but hey, if they read, I'm happy!