Old April 13th 09, 12:49 AM posted to misc.kids
Clisby[_2_]

Default so, did everyone defect from usenet?

enigma wrote:
"dejablues" wrote in
:

Your barn cats are laying down on the job! Hehe.

they aren't particularly huge cats, i think around 6-8 pounds, & i
suspect this rat is pretty big. they have brought me plenty of
young rats.

We don't have livestock of our own, but there is a farm behind
us and a few of their barn rats migrated over here last year to
eat our bird feed. One "aww cute, look, a rat!" turned into a
family of 15. We trapped most of them and our intrepid housecats
got the final few, because after we took away their food supply
they came into the house!

yeah, rats are like that. the chickens will be moving into the new
barn, which has a cement floor, in a few weeks.
what's really annoying though is, now that it's warmed up somewhat
& the chickens are out roaming more, they started laying under a
cement tub that was propped against a rock wall. i knew about the
"hidden" nest & was collecting the eggs until 2 days ago when i
went to look and there was a hole right under where the nest area
was... rat had tunneled up under to get the eggs.
i tried putting a hav-a-hart trap in the barn but the chickens
keep setting it off. maybe i should stick it under the cement tub
with an egg as bait...

I'm sorry to hear of Boo's school troubles, but glad he's doing
better. Is his new school a public or private one? A teacher
that actually *likes* your kid is a huge plus.

yeah, she *does* like him & it's obvious in how she talks about
him. "he doesn't just hear a different drummer, he's got his own
marching band..." and she's more than happy to help him figure
out how he works best. he *realizes* when he needs to pack up & go
somewhere alone to work now, instead of trying to get other kids
riled because he's bored.

My kids are huge readers as well, not so much the stuff I liked
as a child, but hey, if they read, I'm happy!

he likes history, but he also likes anthromorphic animal stories
like Brian Jacques' Mossflower books. he keeps muttering that
animals aren't like that, but he enjoys the story.
lee

You mean the Redwall books? My daughter said the same thing - but she
read them all, avidly.

Clisby