Old May 19th 04, 08:23 PM
zolw

Default frustrated with Doctor. Am I rightfullt so? (a bit long, butneed help!)

I do have a lsit of questions everytime I go to see him. Most of them he
just tells me "that's normal". Maybe I am just a demanding woman (& my
hsuband must be too, cause he feels the same way), but I can read up on
things and discuss stuff in newsgroup, I want him to explain what is
going on. When I push it, he seems ****ed off at me.

I wanted to share with him how I feel about the attention I am not
getting & I wanted him to understand that I do trust him medically (not
100% anymore, but he doesn't need to know that), but every time I am
about to open my mouth, I get emotional & feel that if I talk I will cry
or something of the sort. My hsuband is not much help, cause he won't
talk. He just sits there & lets me do all the talking.

Just tell me that I am paranoid (if you think I am) Maybe that will
set me straight.

Nan wrote:

On Wed, 19 May 2004 19:01:45 GMT, zolw wrote:

Now I am left to wonder is this all normal? I mean, the baby's heartbeat
is fine and all, but doesn't he need to check if maybe baby is too small
or too large? Am I just being sensitive about all that? What kind of
tests did other people have during their 3rd trimester?

Ultrasounds done in late pregnancy aren't good indicators of the size
of your baby, and unless there is concern about something, are a waste
of time and money.
While your doctor might not be doing enough *for you*, he's actually
doing what is pretty typical of most doctors.
If you want more, my suggestion is to come up with questions or
concerns before your visit, and address them when he gives you the
opportunity.

Nan