Old April 25th 05, 02:16 AM

Pop wrote:
Hi Kane,

You're sort of an enigma, aren't you?

Not if you read enough of my posts. I have depth. I'm not one
dimensional. I can hate the mistakes CPS makes, foster parents make,
judges make. I can also point out why they are likely too without an
assumption they are a pack of evil jacklegs and assorted other
insinuations some folks use here.

Now and then there truly are bad people that get into positions of
power. The assumptions promoted in this and other ngs related to this
one, say CPS, repeately try to portray all parties that do excellent
work, dedicated, running sometimes at top speed until they drop, as
painted with the same brush of evil.

They have even promoted the idea that it's morally right to kill them
if they cross you. That would, very likely, as I respond to these many
things, make me appear enigmatic I suppose.

I found your post both good and not
so good,

We have something in common. 0:-

but it was all reasonable.

I suspect at times I'm not. At least not to some that lie and have
serious emotional shortcomings they need or think they need support
for.

Suspecting myself of also being a
rational human being, I decided to respond in kind (I hope). This

used to
be an excellent group, a few years back, and I DO notice there are a

few
good posts here and there; it just bugs me that the present makeup of

the
group over the last few months must keep a substantial number of

people
away, especially newbies.

Actually you are correct, when it comes to asfp. Wex sticks to his news
updates. A few wackos come and babble about health issues. There is
almost no postings I can see that look at systems issues, and offer
anything.

It would be enriched if foster parents came here more, but they get
viciously attacked, which is quite and insult, considering the work
they do as volunteers. Everything from being more prone to abuse and
kill than bio families, a flat out lie, and or being in it for the
money, a giant joke.

I know there are some very good forums, and I do
frequent them, but all in all, I prefer newgroups for manageability

and
efficiency - thus, my interest in this one. There aren't many foster

parent
ng's out there.

No, there aren't. Mostly folks have to go to webpage provided forums,
I've been told.

Have this unmoderated forum invites all kinds of vicious thugs, who
work hard to both maintain their ignorance, and foist lies about
fostering, while harrassing any foster's or the curious that come here
for information and exchanges of their experience.

Yes, I am a foster parent; we do ages 12 and up, which turns out
naturally to be mostly 14-16 year olds. We also look for all the
Emergency/Respite care we can get, just because they provide variety,

education, and more rounded experience.

I respectfully bow. My mother fostered for a time, as did my sister
much longer. I have what might be called an extended family by proxie,
very large. I'm "uncle" to many that are not blood related to me.

More comments inline. If you use search, look for "=== "; it's a

programmable keyboard:

It's quite a challenge, isn't it. I worked with 11 to 16 year olds,
boys, for some years in mental health treatment. You, of course, are
more likely to have seen much more serious problems. The treatment
centers screen OUT the more difficult....and you KNOW where they get
housed. 0:-

That's why I bow, most respectfully. See yah in comments below.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Do you REALLY think
anyone has any real interest in this group anymore?

Yep. If one is patient and the asses are sufficiently exposed now

and
them some hopeful lurker pops out, Pop.

=== I'm glad to hear that, really. Such a comment's enough to make

me stop
by more often, just to see how things are; maybe even add a comment

or two
here and there if I feel qualified.

And they can always watch the action, of which there would have to

be
some to watch, and private post to whoever they think would be most
helpful.

=== What do you mean by private post? I don't think this group

provides
such a function? Or do you simply mean to address them directly and

go
off-group if it's appropriate. Personally, I don't approve of going
off-group in most cases since it deprives the rest of the group of

seeing
possibly very important answers or things they hadn't thought of.

I agree, but sometimes they might wish to discuss an issue they don't
need a lot of braying jackasses attacking them for. You know, like
discussing the realities of the foster subsidy. The jackasses
immediatly ignore the real costs of caring for other's children and
bray that you are doing it for that new SUV you are
driving...forgetting that 5 or 6 kids take up rather a lot of room and
foster kids need a great deal of hauling.

My concern is less for making earth shattering changes to the

system
and more for some of us being here for parents who come a lookin'.
There's that kind of successful talent here the ****ants try to
coverup...because they are such losers and he is a consistent

winner.
Many times over.

=== You must be some sort of an oldtimer here, eh?

I think I'm coming up on three years.

I like your attitude

You may feel lonesome at times in this ng then. R R R R R

and that's interesting enough to bring me back more often. I'm

always open
to new resources and if this is one, I'll increase my interest to see

if
I've been wrong in my assessment. Actually, your post is exactly the

sort
of thing I was hoping would happen: Someone in touch with reality

and the
goals of the group's purpose.

Well, I've been lonesome here for a long time. Stick around. I spent a
great many years interfacing with the CPS establishment in various
capacities. They have a love-hate relationship with me. But I hear
occasionally they appreciated my directness and the fact that I was so
often right about the kids.

I did a confrontation for a friend in 1976, three years as an advisory
committee member on human services matters to a county board of
commissioners, a year of that as chair, about a year of workstudy with
a tandem practicum at CPS in 80-81, watched the development of child
protection, and made a pest of myself as a mental health worker with
children lobbying the state for better care both in CPS and our
custody.

In about 1990 I was asked to help the grandparent of one of my
charges...actually another kid in the neighboring unit for girls, who
was struggling with the abusive parents, and CPS, for custody of the
child. The rest is history...about a thousand such relatives in similar
perdicaments until about a year or so ago when I eased up.

I tend to know the system well, and especially the foster and adopt
portions.

Often I knew policy in the surrounding states better than a lot of
caseworkers.

If the "newsgroup" can't survive this then let it go away by its

own
weight. Prophecies of doom aren't really anything but more loser

talk.
=== Agreed, but, groups such as this one are importnat, IMO, because

there
aren't many of them. I recall when I was first getting into FPing

and
looking for data. I could google millions of hits, but 99% of them

were no
good or were extremist or otherwise unusable.

This is not any middle ground. It is the playground of the fringies
with serious emotional problems mostly. Ever work with parents of the
boys you care for? O:-

Multiply by say five and you have some of the nutso babblings here.
Even the ones that are educated and can appear rational.

It you and others such as you would stick it out and not let yourselves
be overcome by these twits this could become a valuable resource as it
once was.

I just drop by now and then to see who's doing what and it's

always
the
same - never anything OT.

=== I mis-spoke or something there; that makes no sense.

Never mind. It's less than important. I was probably being a smartass,
as I tend to occasionally when I get tired of slapping these fools
awake. Waste of time actually, as the brain deadness hasn't a thing to
do with being sleepy.

If you think it's not OT then you aren't reading enough, or with
sufficient comprehension. There is litte going on that isn't ON

TOPIC
these days. A dis**** sock or troll or two isn't anything to give
credence to. Most groups gottem, even the "informational" one's you
claim you are on your way to.

=== Well, I sure don't see much that's ON topic, but then I do admit

that
since I'm not here often, I see the whole gaggle of lots of posts all

at
once. Other than learning who might be a "real" poster, it's pretty

hard to
tell who's who unless it's a WexWimpy, who seems to use this for his

own
news blog.

Wex has a unique story. He was peripheral to the Rilya lost child
debacle in Florida. She's still not found but the ones allegedly
responsible are finally going to come to trial.

Wex thought he had the child in question in his care...the missing
child. I suspect he had good reason to think that, but being a decent
sort, cannot post the circumstances here...and there's a
confidentiality block on of course.

He pressed the issue..DCFS..pressed back and pulled his cert.

He has not let that deter him in his support of children and their
safety. He posts material more balanced in bias than any other poster
in this and another related group. Some of it is food for
thought...rather a lot, in fact. And get's forwarded around.

I don't know why he has the time, but good for him. I've badgered him
at times, but more for drawing attention to him so people will take a
moment to look at what he posts.

I've looked at several of those posts and there's nothing in
them that isn't pulled from some news event or release somewhere. I

may
have had the Wex... thing in mind when I said those things, not sure

now.

Wex is a bridge from the way it was, to the way it is now, with the
potential to once more become a valuable resource. While the rest of us
sort out the mess of the braying crazies here, he just keeps plugging
along putting up the news...news that might be worth referring to one
day, that drops off the media sources website after a week or so.

Yeah, I know it'd be easy enough to killfile, but I don't believe in
killfiles because they mask problems one should be aware of. IMO, at

least.

If you Usenet-google read, you see everything. I make it a point to
google read from time to time.

If ever anyone with half a brain steps in here
and decides to throw out the garbage, I'll gtive them a hand

cleaning
up,
but until then it's not worth it.

I believe on my last dental x-ray certain angles showed that in

fact I
have a complete brain, while back some years ago when I had a

swollen
passageway for the nerve from the ear it was noticed that I have an
unusually large brain in certain portions.

=== LOL! Does that mean you have -other- large organs, too?

My hands?

Now on to some more informational groups.

Naw. That's either the whine of a loser, or the BS of a troll.

=== You really should think more before you pull out the troll

weapon. I
WILL respond to flames in kind, if it interests me at all, but I will

never
initiate anything of the sort. If that's how you feel, then so be

it; your
opinions aren't very important to me, which is as it should be, and
vice-versa.

Bait.

And you got the message, apparently. Isn't the air a tad clearer now?

Considering what comes here a little checkup never hurts. Usually those
that can and do contribute can stand a little jab to see if a Troll
grunt ensues. You aren't a troll, obviously.

FYI, where I went, though it's none of your business, appears from

the
logs to have been:
spamcop.net, alt.msdos., als.dos.batch, home repair, and
alt.social-security.disability. Oh, and alt.home.pc.security.
If you consider those to be BS, then I feel sorry for you and have

nothing else to say.

No. A test poke. Nothing more. I've no malice.

Even if I was going to alt.****.**** (made up, not
real I don't think), it'd still be possible for it to be informative,

not
BS. Like porno, it's in the eye/mind of the beholder. I have a

total of
about twenty groups I frequent, and about 8 that I actively

participate in
w/r to giving helpful answers.

I could never keep up with that many, but I have one that I contribute
a lot too that occupies me mostly.
alt.support.child-protective-services. Drop by. If you think THIS is a
sinkhole have a gander there.

Mostly I lurk, looking for things I didn't
know, and if I see a post that's been ignored, probably because no

one has a
good response, I'll try to at least give that OP a lead to where he

might
get more leads.

--
Let someone else do it

Yes, we will.

=== Yes, I bet you will, too. Don't be a stepping stone; stick up

for
yourslef and your beliefs. It's looking like you decided to turn
counter-troll here toward the end, eh? Enigma comes to mind, esp

when I
consider some of the other posts of yours that I have read.

1. One that is puzzling, ambiguous, or inexplicable.
2. A perplexing speech or text; a riddle.

Hmm....and I thought I was being very clear. 0:-

I'm retired!

Sure, you are. Tah.

=== Yes, I am, arsehole.

Troll bait, sorry. Nice troll bait back at me though.

It's NOYB, but I'm "retired" for health reasons,
on disability, and I'd give my left arm to be able to go back to

work. I'm
59 and housebound; so the internet's a part of my new life's goals to

give
back to the world some of the good it's given to me.

Pooh. Sorry you are dinged out. Well, you can foster, so I wouldn't
count you out by any means.

I won't go further into that because I'm not looking for sympathy;

hate
that. But I AM looking for decent people who want to help others and

who
accept others into the effort.

This may not be the place, but hey, a little housecleaning, dusting out
the corners, a few chess moves I know that tend to can the fools, and
who knows?

It's no skin off my arse whether you care or not, or what any of your

opinions are; I don't kn ow you from Adam, but I do thank you for the

chance
to spend a few minutes doing something interesting.

You are entirely welcome.

Perhaps some other
decent people will also read this and come out of lurking for a

comment or
two, and show the true culture of this newsgroup, not just the slums

part of
the community.

Never can tell. My, I'm naive enough to think it's possible. Others
might refer to it as hopeful.

Regards,

Best

Pop